Sunday 4 April 2010

Easter doings and other treasures and adventures

Found this delicious lady here on blogspot, she's a very talented designer/artist. I just adore ALL her backgrounds and thank her here for this new one of mine. I LOVE it! http://blo64rt.blogspot.com/ To make it simpler to visit her, I have added her banner to my blog. Go take a look. She is awesome.





SO, (significant other) and I went to an art deco fayre at a beautiful Victorian Gothic House called Kelham Hall www.kelham-hall.co.uk and bought some beautiful colour book plates by Margaret W Tarrant, taken from an old Nursery Rhyme book, circa 1929. I was going to buy two or three and then decided to buy all 12, I couldn't help myself. Now these need equally beautiful frames to show them, something else on my list to save up my pennies for! Here are some I purchased and aren't they absolutely delicious!! I admit I am becoming a fan of her work:













Finally and in honour of my grandaughter who when told that she could not have any sweeties replied 'But mummy, I am pretty', a no sugar squidgy chocolate cake posted by britmumincanada http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog:

6 large eggs seperated
1/2 cup of splenda (or other sweetener)
2 oz of cocoa powder (be sure to use real cocoa powder and not drinking chocolate etc)

Method

Preheat oven to 180c or 350f, spray a oven proof cake tin with non stick spray

Whisk the egg whites to the soft peak stage and set aside.

Then place the egg yolks in another mixing bowl and whisk until they start to thicken, then add the splenda and continue to whisk, but be careful not to let the yolk mixture get too thick. Add the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture and if it starts to get too stiff, add a little of the egg white mixture.

Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and then pour the mixture into the cake tin.

Bake the cake for approx 25 minutes until springy.Remove it from the oven but leave it in the cake tin to cool..............

It tastes like REAL chocolate cake, honestly!!




*above image taken from britmumincanada's site @ slimmingeats.com/blog/squidgy-chocolate-cake

No comments:

Post a Comment